What is Jolly Phonics?
Jolly phonics is a method of teaching the letter sounds in the way that is fun and multi-sensory. Children learn how to use the letter sounds to read and write words.
Top 5 reasons Teddy Bear Nursery uses Jolly Phonics
1. Fun and engaging program that uses song and actions to assist children
in learning the sounds that form the first phases of reading
2. Jolly phonics is an inclusive program that children continually build on
as their reading and phonics skills develop.
3. The method of building on sounds assists children in ‘sounding out’ words very early in their reading development.
4. Children from Teddy Bear will already be equipped with the foundation knowledge and skills in Jolly Phonics as they transition to ‘big school’ giving them immediate confidence in their new ‘big school.’
5. The program has received recognition for its effectiveness in multilingual children.